Colorado Wire & Cable Co. Inc. supplies only the highest quality armored electrical cable. Products that include, but are not limited to, Aluminum Interlocked Armor (AIC) and Okonite CLX® Metal Clad Armor meet or exceed all industry standards for composition, safety, tolerance and performance. Recommended for use in high traffic areas and locations where reliability is of critical concern.
One of our most reliable and popular products is the Okonite CLX® Metal Clad Armour. This metal clad cable is a welded and continuously armored corrugated wiring system. These type of cables offer engineers a cable system with built-in environmental protection for all types of electrical circuits, whether used for control, instrumentation, power or power signal. It has been installed all over the world and in every type of climate with an established track record of high performance.
Users prefer Okonite CLX metal clad armored cables for several reasons. It’s the favored cable for PWM Drives, Class 1, Div. 1 – Lowest EMI. The cable involves a wiring system employing a mechanically strong, yet pliable sheath of corrugated aluminum, bronze, steel or copper, which can be applied over a variety of cable cores. This type of cable is a standard in many industries including: food plants, metals, mining, transportation, chemical, petrochemical, and pulp & paper, among many others. Okonite CLX cable is also well recognized by the National Electrical Code, as a factory assembly of one or more insulated circuit conductors in a corrugated metallic tube.
- CLX Cable | C-L-X® Type MC (XHHW-2)
- 600V UL Type MC XLPE/AIA/PVC
- EPR/AIA/PVC, 5kV/8kV, UL Type MV-105 or MC, 133% / 100% Ins. Levels, 115 Mils
- EPR/AIA/PVC, 15kV, UL Type MV-105 or MC, 133% Ins. Level, 220 Mils
- XLPE/PVC/AIA/PVC, 600V, CSA TECK90
- XLPE/PVC/AIA/PVC, 1000V, CSA TECK90
- XLPE/PVC/AIA/PVC, 5kV, CSA
- Type ITC/PLTC Armored Instrumentation Cable
- Type MC-HL Armored Class 1 Instrumentation Cable